Many many thanks to Lisa Irene Serrano for nominating for a Liebster Award. 🙂 Lisa blogs from Austin, Texas — an amazing city where I used to live and still miss. (If you’ve never had Austin’s Pizza, you REALLY should. I recommend basil, beef, black olives, and garlic.) Lisa blogs about a little of everything, including women’s issues, healthy living, crafts, and more. Check out her blog! 🙂
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award (taken from Lisa’s blog!):
THE OFFICIAL RULES
You’ve been nominated. Now what…
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you with a thank you & a link to their blog.
2. Display The Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. (optional)
5. Nominate 5+ bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 followers) who you feel deserve the award.
6. Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
7. Make sure you notify your nominees!
Here are my answers to the questions Lisa asked:
- Why do you blog? – I blog to connect with other people and to share my thoughts about random things, like favorite recipes, TV shows, fashion tips, and more. 🙂 Back in 2008, I had a pretty popular blog that focused mostly on the TV show LOST. (You can find the old posts in this blog!) I took a break while I was in law school. I started blogging again when I wanted to share my favorite recipes with friends.
- What is your favorite movie? It’s really really tough to narrow down to just one! I loved the first Star Trek movie that J.J. Abrams did. I have lots of other movies I love as much, but I have fond memories of treating myself to the movie in “super” IMAX at Austin’s museum after I finished law school finals. It was sooooo good at that theater!
- What is your favorite blog that you follow? Another tough one! It doesn’t really count as a “blog,” but my favorite discussion board to follow is Reddit. I have a few subreddits that I absolutely love and visit daily.
- What is your favorite sport? My favorite sports to participate in are swimming and martial arts.
- What has been your favorite vacation? Have you blogged about it? Post it here. Once again, it’s hard to pick a favorite vacation! I’ve been on several great ones with my family, like a trip to Disney World when I was much much younger (I have an adorable photo of my mom with Goofy!) My husband and I went to Eureka Springs for our honeymoon and that was TONS of fun. I also went on a cruise to the Bahamas once, which was great.
- What is your ‘must see’ TV show or your past TV show? Well, my favorite TV shows of all time are LOST and Battlestar Galactica (except for BSG’s finale — boooo!) Right now I like so many, including Game of Thrones (good but also painful!), Falling Skies (I just watched the season premiere last night so it’s fresh on my mind), and Better Call Saul.
- What is your favorite thing about summer? Swimming in the pool. It gets unbearably hot here. Swimming laps is the perfect exercise.
- What is your favorite family or friend memory? Ah, this one’s tough too. How do I choose a favorite memory?
- Where is your dream travel destination? New Zealand 🙂
- What super power do you wish you possessed? The ability to teleport!
- Where do you see your blog in 1 year? Hopefully with a lot more followers and maybe a little more direction 😉
And here are the bloggers that I have nominated! I really suggest that you go and visit each of their blogs and leave a comment on one of their posts! 🙂
- Travels with Tam
- Shay Chan Hodges
- Loving Ryan
- The Moments In Between
- Patricia Patton
- Sweet and Spicy Monkey
My questions for the nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- Where do you see your blog in a year?
- What is your biggest challenge to blogging?
- What are three unique facts about yourself?
- What is your favorite way to recover from a bad day?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What are your top 3 favorite TV shows?
- What is your dream job? (aside from blogging)
- How do you spend your free time?
- What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
- Who is a hero in your life?
I can’t wait to read your answers! 🙂If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to the blog below. 🙂